At Picatinny Federal Credit Union, we want you to manage your money wisely. Unlike many commercial banks, we don’t believe in charging you to access your own money. That’s why we offer free checking—always, with no minimum balance or monthly fees.+
Money Matters - Accounts that Make your Money Meaningful
At Picatinny Federal Credit Union, our debit cards are Verified by Visa, a free service that provides an extra layer of protection when using your card for online purchases. Plus, Visa’s Zero Liability Policy guarantees that you will not be held responsible for fraudulent charges made with your card or card information. PFCU debit card holders are automatically enrolled in this service when they receive their card.
Make using your debit card fun by personalizing it with a photo or your pets or family, or choose from our pre-existing card catalog.
With a PFCU Checking Account, you’ll benefit from:
- $250* when you choose direct deposit
- Free checking with no minimum balance requirement and no fees+
- Zelle® for a fast, easy and safe way to send money
- Deposit checks, pay bills, check your credit score, and access your money anytime through the online and mobile banking app
- PFCU Protect to protect your Debit Card and Credit Cards from fraud, overspending and more
- Customizable instant issue debit card
- Your money federally insured through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
- Access to 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide
Have you lost your debit card or been notified that it’s been deactivated due to fraudulent activity? With Instant Issue debit cards available at all branch locations, you’ll get a replacement card on-the-spot—no more waiting 7-10 business days for a new card to come in the mail. Plus, when you open a new checking account, you’ll walk out of our branch with a debit card in-hand, activated and ready for use!
Refer a Friend and get rewarded! When you tell your friends or family about the benefits of a Picatinny Federal Credit Union membership and checking account –you both will receive $75*!
Federally insured by NCUA. New members must open a Savings Account with a minimum deposit of $5.
* To qualify for the $250 cash reward, you must open a new Checking Account and initiate a repeating Direct Deposit of at least $500 a month from an employer, social security or pension into the account. The first Direct Deposit must be initiated within the first 60 days of account opening. The $250 Cash Reward will be deposited into the Savings Account within the first 90 days of account opening. Checking account must remain open for 6 months. Offer subject to approval by Credit Union. Cash Reward is considered interest and will be reported on IRS form 1099-INT. +eStatements are available in online banking free of charge. Members who use online banking and choose to receive a paper statement, will incur a $5.00 monthly statement fee.
+eStatements are available in online banking free of charge. Members who use online banking and choose to receive a paper statement, will incur a $5.00 monthly statement fee.
Refer-a-Friend: *To qualify for the $75 Cash Reward new member must open a new checking account and initiate a direct deposit of at least $500 a month from an employer, social security or pension into the account. The first Direct Deposit must be initiated within the first 60 days of account opening. Must also open a savings account with a minimum deposit of $5 to qualify for this offer. The $75 Cash Reward will be deposited into [each members’] savings account upon receipt of initial direct deposit payment. Accounts must remain open for 6 months Offer subject to approval. All offers and terms are subject to change at any time. Exclusive offer for new PFCU members only. Cash reward is considered interest and will be reported on IRS form 1099-INT
A $10.00 fee applies to all instant issue debit cards. However, this service is free for any new members requesting a debit card at the point of account opening and for current members that have been notified that their debit card has been deactivated due to fraudulent activity. Picatinny Federal Credit Union reserves the right to reject any image submitted in our sole and absolute discretion, for any reason. Please read Personalized Debit Card Disclosures for more information.