Mobile Check Deposit – FAQs
What is Picatinny Mobile Check Deposit?
Picatinny Mobile Check Deposit is a service we provide to our members to conduct check deposits utilizing their mobile devices. It is located within the Picatinny Mobile Banking App.
Is there a cost or fee associated with Mobile Check Deposit?
No. This is a free service we provide to our members that adds the convenience of depositing checks from anywhere.
Will I be enrolled automatically?
Mobile Check Deposit is a service that will be provided to members in good standing who are over the age of 18 and whose membership has been open for over 30 days.
Are there limits to the amount I can deposit?
Yes. There is a $3,000 per item limit and a $3,000 daily limit.
When will my deposit be available?
In order to allow time for the item to be reviewed and processed, there is a one (1) business day hold on all items deposited through Mobile Check Deposit.
Do I need to keep a copy of the items I deposit?
You should keep the items in a secure place for 30 days. After 30 days, you can destroy the checks.
How will I be notified that my deposit has been accepted?
Upon depositing the items, you will see it in a pending status. Once it is approved, it will be marked as accepted. If there was a problem with the item, it will show in rejected status and you will be contacted by a Member Service Representative. All items deposited prior to 3:30 PM will be reviewed prior to 6:00 PM.
What accounts can I make a deposit into?
You can deposit checks to your checking or savings accounts. If you are making a payment on a loan, you can use online banking to transfer the funds once they are available.
What types of checks are not accepted?
• Foreign checks or money orders
• Altered checks
• Stale Dated Checks – checks with dates over 6 months old. Some items may indicate that they are good for 30 days and we will honor that as well.
• Post Dated Checks – items with a future date.
• Incomplete Items – checks that do not have a maker’s signature, endorsement, or are missing any other information required.
• Non-Negotiable Items – items that are stamped non-negotiable are prohibited.
• Third Party Checks – checks must be payable to the account owner (s).
Tips for Using Picatinny Mobile Check Deposit
• Sign/Endorse the back of the check and write “For Mobile Deposit Only.” This must be included or the item will be rejected. Also include your account number.
• When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
• Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
• Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos. Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
• Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
• Place the check on a solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
• Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
• Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
• Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
• Make sure there are no shadows across the check.
• All four corners need to be visible.
• Make sure the photo of the check is not blurry.
• The MICR line (numbers at the bottom of your check) needs to be readable.
Please call us at (973) 361-5225 or email us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have.