COVID-19 Updates FAQs
As New Jersey continues to adjust to its new normal, PFCU will be reopening the remainder of its branches to members on July 13, 2020. As a reminder, members are expected to follow the below guidelines for their protection and the protection of our employees.
- Masks: All members are required to wear a mask to enter any credit union location. If you are not wearing a mask, entry will not be granted.
- Hours: Branches will be open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily and 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. on Saturdays. While the Denville and Mt. Olive branch lobbies will be open, please note the drive-thrus will still be operational.
- Limited members per branch: All branch locations will have a specific number of entrants allowed. Members may be asked to wait until a Member Experience Professional becomes available. To assist with wait times, please continue to use the ATM for withdrawals and deposits, as well as online and mobile banking or by visiting our drive-thrus.
- Rockaway: 5 members in the branch at one time
- Denville: 5 members in the branch at one time
- Mt. Olive: 5 members in the branch at one time
- Parsippany: 4 members in the branch at one time
- Hand sanitizer: Hand sanitizer will be available at all credit union locations. Touch-free hand sanitizer dispensers are available in ATM areas and inside office areas for members and employees to utilize at each location.
- Plexiglas Shields: All interaction areas with Member Experience Professionals will have Plexiglas shields.
- Social Distancing Floor Guidelines: All branches are fitted with social distancing floor spacers. We are asking members to follow the floor guidance
Please be considerate of the PFCU employees and fellow members. If you do not feel well or have a fever please refrain from entering any branch location.
Additionally, we are urging members to continue to utilize our ATMs, online and mobile banking for deposits and to manage their accounts.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding. We look forward to seeing our members again at Mt. Olive and Denville.
If you are facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are here for you. Please give us a call so we may further assist you.
COVID-19 Mortgage Hardship Information
In this time of uncertainty, during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Picatinny Federal Credit Union is considering our members and the financial consequences of this pandemic. Per the order of the governor, PFCU has created guidelines for our members who have been financially impacted.
Learn the details about a hardship request here.
Manage your money remotely
The CDC is recommending disengaging socially to slow the spread of COVID-19. In an effort to reduce face-to-face contact, PFCU is strongly encouraging members to manage their money and accounts online.
Should you not have an online account, you can set one up online at www.picacreditunion.com. If you need further assistance, give us a call at (973) 361-5225. With online banking, you can monitor your account, set up Bill Pay, transfer funds, in addition to numerous capabilities.
Members can also download the PFCU app from the App Store or Google Play Store to deposit checks and manage their money remotely.
If either online banking or app is not possible, we suggest using phone banking to make transfers and monitor transactions. Call (800) 338-7328.
For questions with any bill payer, payment or tracking questions, please call our service provider directly at (800) 877-8021 between 7 a.m.-1 a.m. EST, seven days a week.
Note: PFCU is not charging penalties for CD withdrawals.
Make deposits via ATMs
Due to COVID-19, all foreign ATM fees (ATMs that are not PFCU or AllPoint ATMs) have been waived for April and May.
All PFCU branches have ATMs, which are being disinfected by staff. Members can make deposits and withdraw cash from these locations. To limit person-to-person interactions, PFCU is advising ATM deposits or mobile deposits in addition to ATM cash withdrawals.
Members can also visit any surcharge-free AllPoint Network ATM to withdraw cash. Find a location here.
Your Money is Insured at PFCU
We understand through the confusion and uncertainty that you may have questions about your money. PFCU would like to reassure its members that all member deposits are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). These deposits at federally insured credit unions (like PFCU) are protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, with deposits insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor.
The Annual Meeting is postponed
Out of an abundance of caution in the interest of the safety of our members and employees, the Annual Meeting, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 4, has been postponed. Information on a new date and time will be communicated when it becomes available.
We care about your health and safety
PFCU is very closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, which is fluid. We will remain vigilant and committed to protecting our members and employees. Check this page often for updates.
Please note our cleaning practices ensure surface areas members interact with are disinfected.
To protect yourselves, please consider washing your hands or using disinfectant before and after all in-person interactions. For further information, and the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, visit CDC.gov.