Mortgage Loan Processor/Servicer Location: Rockaway
Responsible for processing and originating first mortgage loan applications from the initial application phase through to closing. In addition, responsible for maintaining first mortgage servicing, including but not limited to loan payment processing, escrow disbursements, end of day, month and year-end reporting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Mortgage Underwriter with all phases of first mortgage processing and originating up to but excluding underwriting. This includes but is not limited to importing all new loan applications, consulting with members and collecting all necessary documents, verifying income and bank account information, running credit reports, communicating with all third party vendors, attorneys and title companies.
- Providing our members with all necessary mortgage documents in a timely fashion as outlined by applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintaining and assembling all mortgage files in an orderly and accurate manner insuring all documents have been collected and filed accordingly.
- Perform all mortgage servicing functions, including processing and posting mortgage payments, preparing and disbursing payments to mortgage insurance companies and taxing authorities. Process pay off statements, end of day, month and year-end reports.
- Address all mortgage servicing inquiries in a timely fashion.
Knowledge & Skills
- One to three years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
High school diploma required
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth
dialogues, conversations, and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive
and/or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating,
influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations affecting consumer loans.
- Knowledge of consumer loan policies, procedures, products, and services.
Is able to bend, sit, and stand in order to perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional
lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to operate
routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators.
Must be able to routinely perform work on a computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able
to work extended hours or travel off-site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular,
reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in a climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as
part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able
to complete basic mathematical calculations, spell accurately, and understand computer basics. Must be able to speak
clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and
professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the
organization and demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be
able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and
quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be
capable of exercising the highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Picatinny Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.Apply Now Online