Member Experience Professional Location: Flexible
Responsible for generating business and deepening relationships by selling products and services to potential and existing members that help them achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
Responsibilities include achieving sales goals, receiving and processing member financial transactions and providing high-quality member service, that makes members feel cared for and appreciated.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and processes member financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed. Answers incoming phone calls and assists members or directs them to the appropriate area for assistance.
- Recognizing and referring cross-sell opportunities. Selling financial products and opening deposit accounts. Processing consumer loan requests from application to disbursement.
- Responding to member inquiries and concerns and creating positive solutions.
- Performing daily/weekly sales reporting.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Use every member contact as an opportunity to advise member about additional services or programs that might benefit them.
Knowledge & Skills
Six months to 2 years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
High School diploma required.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on the computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in a climate-controlled shared work environment with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently and with limited supervision. Must work effectively as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic financial calculations with accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under stress of a deadline, requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be capable of exercising the highest level of discretion on confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Picatinny Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Apply Now Online